Skip to main content

Transfer Students

Am I a transfer student?

You are considered a transfer student if you have previously attended any college, university, and/or proprietary school since graduating from high school or secondary school.

This applies whether or not you are seeking transfer credit and/or changing your program of study.

What are the steps to transfer?

Step 1: Get to know us

Attend an open house, take a campus tour, or meet with a transfer advisor to find out how Baruch can help you reach your potential.

Step 2: Ready to Apply

Visit our application site to get started.

Transfer Application deadlines:

Fall: February 1

Spring: September 15

Step 3: Check the status of your application

After submitting supporting documents, please allow 3-4 weeks for your application status to update. Please note that all materials and documents submitted as part of an application for admission become the property of CUNY and cannot be returned.

Click here to check the status of your transfer application.

You may also contact the CUNY Helpdesk at: (212) 997-CUNY (2869).

Step 4: Get Admitted

You must accept the Offer of Admission via CUNYfirst, and pay a non-refundable $100 Commitment Tuition Deposit. The Commitment Tuition Deposit enables you to confirm your enrollment and will be applied to your first semester tuition charges.

Your deposit must be submitted by the deadline stated in your acceptance letter email.

Newly admitted transfer students should visit the Admitted student’s page for more information.

How do I meet with an advisor?

Meeting with a transfer Admission Advisor is easy!

Just send us an email to schedule an appointment, and feel free to bring a copy of your transcript(s) if you would like us to review them.

What are the transfer policies?

Transfer credit will only be granted from institutions that are listed on the student's admission application. Transfer credit for institutions not listed on the admission application may be denied. In addition, failure to list all postsecondary institutions attended will subject a student to disciplinary action and a review of the admission decision.

Transfer students may receive credit for courses equivalent to courses at Baruch College completed with a grade of D- or better at colleges of the City University and/or with a grade of C or better at other regionally accredited colleges. For courses for which there are no specific equivalents at Baruch College, elective credit may be assigned by the transfer center. Further documentation such as course syllabus/course description will be requested for possible transfer credits. You may receive transfer credit for a course or its equivalent only once. Credit cannot be earned twice for the same course.

If a course was taken on a pass/fail basis at another institution, the official transcript must state that the pass grade equals a C or better for transfer credit to be considered.  All final official transcripts must be received for the Transfer Student Services Center to complete a final transfer credit evaluation.

Pathways at Baruch

CUNY colleges will have a uniform set of general education requirements known as CUNY Pathways. Although the courses that can be used to fulfill these requirements will differ from college to college, the basic set of requirements will be the same throughout the CUNY system, and with few exceptions any requirement that a student fulfills at one college will be considered fulfilled at any other college to which he or she transfers. CUNY transfer students who have completed a bachelors, AA or AS degree will be deemed to have completed CUNY Pathways.

Transfer Students from SUNY Community Colleges

Effective Fall 2018 SUNY transfer students who have completed a bachelor’s, AA or AS degree or the entire 30-credit GER from SUNY will be deemed to have completed CUNY Pathways Common Core requirement. SUNY transfer students who completed a portion of the 30-credit GER requirement will have the completed GER credits applied to the Pathways areas as appropriate. Credits will be granted with a grade "C" or better. There is no set credit maximum on the number of credits that may be transferred.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between Baruch College and other academic instituitions tha create additional pathways for admitted students in particular programs or degrees.
To find list of instuitions we have agreements with click here

How does my credit transfer?

Newly Admitted Transfer students can access their Transfer Credit Report via CUNYfirst.

Use the Evaluate My Transfer Credit tool if you are planning to transfer from another CUNY college.

If you are planning to transfer from a Non-CUNY college, you can contact a transfer admissions advisor for a brief overview of how credits would transfer.

For information regarding college credit earned while in high school such as Advanced Placement (AP), College Now, and International Baccalaureate (IB) courses, click here


Click here for answers to our most frequently asked questions.