Skip to main content

Nondegree and Permit Students

·An individual may attend Baruch as a nondegree student or permit student. Nondegree students take credit-bearing courses but are not working toward a degree. They are limited to a part-time program of study on a space-available basis. These students may only register for courses which they have the prerequisites. Please see application for course registration restrictions.

 Applications for new nondegree status may be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. Students from other CUNY colleges should file e-Permit through the registration systems at their college.

Senior Citizens

Bona fide New York residents 60 years of age and older are permitted to register for undergraduate courses as nondegree students on a space-available basis for a $80-per-semester charge and are exempt from all other fees and charges, except the Comprehensive Fee. Senior citizens may take no more than 6 credits a term on an audit basis only. Senior citizens who wish to take courses for degree credit will be assessed the appropriate tuition charges. Senior citizens must provide proof of eligibility (i.e., Medicaid card, birth certificate, or passport).

Change of Status From Nondegree to Degree

Students who wish to change their status from nondegree to degree must complete a CUNY Application. Consult the university admissions website ( for application deadlines and eligibility criteria.